The UP Department of Political Science invites applications for full-time faculty (tenure-track positions) or part-time faculty (lecturer positions). We seek teaching applicants with the following qualifications:
- PhD or MA degree in Political Science (or related field). Those already in possession of a PhD are preferred. We are open to applicants from all political science subfields but those with teaching/research specialization in the following areas will be highly considered: Comparative Politics, Political Theory, International Relations, and Research Methods.
- University teaching experience
- A good record of research and publications
- A cover letter of application intent addressed to Aries A. Arugay, PhD, Chairperson of the Department;
- Proof of undergraduate and graduate degrees (e.g., diplomas and certifications with English translations where necessary);
- Transcripts of Record for all degrees earned and subjects taken;
- A full curriculum vitae;
- Research writing and publication samples; and
- Letters of recommendation from three former professors/advisers/job supervisors (should be sent directly by the letter writer to: email@example.com)
Upload all documentary requirements (except letters of recommendation) to: https://bit.ly/DPSFaculty
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a personal/online interview during the application process. For inquiries, please get in touch with James Edrozo (Administrative Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The faculty in the UP Department of Political Science understand the value and importance of diversity. We are committed to providing an open, supportive, and inclusive environment for all of our students, faculty, and staff members, consistent with the University’s commitment to honor and excellence for all. Women and underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Submission Deadline:
21 October 2022, 5:00 pm
All personal information will be kept secure and strictly confidential. The Department of Political Science is committed to protect the privacy rights of individuals on personal data pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 (Data Privacy Act of 2012).