- For the PhD (Political Science) program: A Master’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the MA (Political Science) program: a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the Master in International Affairs (MIA) program: a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Political Science or a related field, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants from UP must have obtained a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 2.00 or better in all previously completed degree programs; applicants from other universities must have obtained a GWA of 1.75 or better.
- All applicants pay a non-refundable fee of PhP100 if a Filipino citizen, PhP200 if a resident alien, and US$25 if a foreign citizen. Payment procedures will be emailed to applicants at the end of the application period.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will be required to submit proof of English proficiency (e.g., a TOEFL score of 80 for the internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test), unless they come from institutions where the medium of instruction is English.
- All applicants are to present themselves for an interview (may be held online or onsite).
Required Documents (scanned documents to be submitted via email):
- Application form via this google form https://bit.ly/3LKPx9h.
- Original and complete Transcript of Records (TOR).
- Certificate of GWA.
- Original PSA-certified Birth Certificate (for Filipino citizens).
- Three (3) recommendation letters from former professors and/or employers (to be sent directly to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org). Download the recommendation form here.
- Letter of application addressed to the Department Chair, Professor Aries A Arugay.
- Essay/written requirement:
- PhD applicants: a short research proposal or capsule proposal on topic of interest (1,500-2,000 words)
- MAPS applicants: a short research proposal or a concept note on a research problem (1,000-1,500 words)
- MIA applicants: a statement on research interest (800-1,000 words)
For the PhD and MA (Political Science) programs: April 1-15 (first semester entry) and October 1-15 (second semester entry).
For the MIA program: April 1-15 (first semester entry only)
IMPORTANT: Please submit complete scanned documents to email@example.com. Hard copies of the original documents shall be required only upon acceptance to the program. Use the subject heading:
APP-GRAD (2s 23-24)_PROGRAM_SURNAME_FIRST NAME
For non-UP graduates: Upon acceptance, the new entrant must submit hardcopies of the TOR, PSA birth certificate and original Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credentials from their former university/institution. Please prepare this in advance. And please don’t hesitate to email us for inquiries. Always check this page for updates or further announcements on graduate program admissions.
CSSP Graduate Program Manual: https://polisci.upd.edu.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/cssp_grad_manual.pdf
Note: After submitting your complete application documents, please wait for four to six weeks for our call and/or message for the schedule of the interview. Please do not follow up with us. The Department Staff will email/contact you. Thank you.