- For the PhD (Political Science) program: A Master’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the MA (Political Science) program: a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the Master in International Affairs (MIA) program: a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Political Science or a related field, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants from UP must have obtained a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 2.00 or better in all previously completed degree programs; applicants from other universities must have obtained a GWA of 1.75 or better.
- All applicants pay a non-refundable fee of PhP100 if a Filipino citizen, PhP200 if a resident alien, and US$25 if a foreign citizen. Payment procedures will be emailed to applicants at the end of the application period.
- Applicants whose native language is not English will be required to submit proof of English proficiency (e.g., a TOEFL score of 80 for the internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test), unless they come from institutions where the medium of instruction is English.
- All applicants are to present themselves for an interview (may be held online or onsite).
Required Documents (scanned documents to be submitted via email):
- Accomplished application form, with a 2″ x 2″ ID picture. Please accomplish this google form http://bit.ly/40M2Ew6
- Original and complete Transcript of Records (TOR).
- Certificate of GWA.
- Original PSA-certified Birth Certificate (for Filipino citizens).
- Three (3) recommendation letters from former professors and/or employers (to be sent directly to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Letter of application addressed to the Department Chair, Professor Aries A Arugay.
- Essay/written requirement:
- PhD applicants: a short research proposal or capsule proposal on topic of interest (1,500-2,000 words)
- MAPS applicants: a short research proposal or a concept note on a research problem (1,000-1,500 words)
- MIA applicants: plan of study (800-1,000 words)
Download forms here: https://polisci.upd.edu.ph/resources/for-grad-students/
For the PhD and MA (Political Science) programs: April 1-15 (first semester entry) and October 1-15 (second semester entry). (Deadline of application is extended to May 31, 2023)
For the MIA program: April 1-15 (first semester entry only) (Deadline of application is extended to May 31, 2023)
IMPORTANT: Please submit complete scanned documents to email@example.com. Hard copies of the original documents shall be required only upon acceptance to the program. Use the subject heading:
APP-GRAD (1s 23-24)_PROGRAM_SURNAME_FIRST NAME
For non-UP graduates: Upon acceptance, the new entrant must submit a softcopy of the original Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credentials from his/her former university/institution. Please prepare this in advance. And please don’t hesitate to email us for inquiries. Always check this page for updates or further announcements on graduate program admissions.
Note: After submitting your complete application documents, please wait for four to six weeks for our call and/or message for the schedule of the interview. Please do not follow up with us. The Department Staff will email/contact you. Thank you.