- For the PhD (Political Science) program: A Master’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the MA (Political Science) program: a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or a related field from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- For the MIS program: a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Political Science or a related field, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Applicants from UP must have obtained a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 2.0 or better for in all previously completed degree programs; applicants from other universities must have obtained a GWA of 1.75 or better.
- All applicants pay a non-refundable fee of PhP100 if a Filipino citizen, PhP200 if a resident alien, and US$25 if a foreign citizen (Payment procedures will be emailed to applicants at the end of the application period).
- Applicants whose native language is not English will be required to submit proof of English proficiency (e.g., a TOEFL score of 80 for the internet-based test or 550 for the paper-based test), unless they come from institutions where the medium of instruction is English.
- All applicants are to present themselves for interview (to be held online).
Required Documents (scanned documents to be submitted via email):
- Accomplished application form, with a 2″ x 2″ ID picture. Please also fill out this form https://bit.ly/2YcAuzB
- Original and complete Transcript of Records.
- Certificate of GWA, if available.
- Original PSA-certified Birth Certificate.
- Three (3) recommendation letters from former professors and/or employers.
- Letter of application addressed to the Department Chair.
For the PhD and MA (Political Science) programs: April 1-15 (first semester entry) and October 1-15 (second semester entry).
For the MIS program: April 1-15 (first semester entry only)
IMPORTANT: Please submit complete scanned documents to email@example.com. Hardcopies of the original documents shall be required upon entry to the program. Use the subject heading:
APP-GRAD (2S 21-22)_PROGRAM_SURNAME_FIRST NAME
For non-UP graduates: Upon acceptance, the new entrant must submit a softcopy of the original Honorable Dismissal or Transfer Credentials from his/her former university/institution. Please prepare this in advance. And please don’t hesitate to email us for inquiries. Always check this page for updates or further announcements on the graduate program admissions.
Always check this page for updates or further announcements on the graduate program admissions. Thank you. Keep safe!
Note: After submitting your complete application documents, please wait for 4-6 weeks for our call and/or text message for the schedule of the interview. Please do not follow-up with us. The Department Staff will contact you. Just make sure to write down your landline and/or mobile phone numbers on the application form. Thank you.
Have you checked out our brochures? Here’s where to download: https://polisci.upd.edu.ph/resources/for-prospective-students/