Marielle Y. Marcaida, MA
on study leave
Marielle Y. Marcaida is an assistant professor on study leave at the Department of Political Science of the University of the Philippines Diliman. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Feminist Studies at the Department of Gender, Women & Sexuality Studies of the University of Washington. She writes research on political activism, motherist politics, and the Philippine drug war.
- Master of Arts (Honors) in Political Science, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2016
- Bachelor of Arts (Honors) in Political Science, University of the Philippines Diliman, 2015
Social movements, motherist politics, political activism, politics and new media
- Marcaida, M. Y. (2021). Understanding the Narratives of Pateros Mothers’ Resistance under the Philippine Drug War.
Philippine Political Science Journal 42(3): 238-265. https://doi.org/10.1163/2165025X-bja10022
- Marcaida, M. Y. (2020). Student Activism Offline and Online: A Mixed Methods Study on College Students’ Protest Participation in the Philippines. Philippine Social Sciences Review 72(1): 1-22. https://www.journals.upd.edu.ph/index.php/pssr/article/view/8412?fbclid=IwAR0Ou3MmqimYJt_4BmVLS6GDGH8iuHHQvwBZETOksyriuF_FH10YtR0aK3Q
- Marcaida, M. Y. (2020). Organized Crime, Illicit Economies, and the Philippine-China Relations under the Duterte Administration. In A. A. Arugay & H. J. S. Kraft (Eds.), Towards an Enhanced Strategic Policy in the Philippines (pp. 107-31). Quezon City: University of the Philippines Center for Integrative and Developmental Studies. https://www.kas.de/documents/275121/9467659/Toward+an+Enhanced+Strategic+Policy+in+the+Philippines.pdf/5746bd6b-2907-66cb-7f11-52c97ed8ef47?version=1.0&t=1612967471402
- Marcaida, M. Y. (2022, June 14). Ronda Girls: How Filipino Mothers Took on the War on Drugs. TalkingDrugs.
- Coronacion, D. C. & Calilung F. C. (Eds). (2018). Convergence: A College Textbook in Contemporary World. Marcaida, M. Y.
(contributor). Books Atbp. Publishing Corp, ISBN 978-621-3090108
- Political Science 14: Philippine Government and Politics
- Political Science 121: Society and Politics
- Political Science 123: Modern Political Thought
- Political Science 136: Political Behavior: Processes and Movements
- Social Science 2: Social, Economic and Political Thought