The UP Department of Political Science is accepting applications for full-time tenure-track as well as part-time teaching faculty positions. The Department is the only Commission on Higher Education (CHEd) Center of Excellence in Political Science in the country. Faculty members of the Department have strong research background experience and admirable teaching skills.
Applicants should have a graduate degree in political science or a related field. Those already in possession of a PhD are preferred. Teaching experience (especially in research methods and area studies) is not a requirement but can be an advantage.
Successful applicants will be expected to undertake full-time teaching duties (mainly at the undergraduate level) as well as accept and participate in departmental duties and responsibilities including committee work, extension and extramural services, and research projects.
- A letter of application intent addressed to the Chairperson of the Department;
- Proof of undergraduate and graduate degrees (e.g., diplomas and certifications with English translations where necessary);
- Transcripts of Record for all degrees earned and subjects taken;
- A full curriculum vitae;
- Research writing and publication samples (where applicable); and
- Letters of recommendation from three former professors/advisers/job supervisors.
Submit all documentary requirements in hardcopy to:
Department of Political Science
Silangang Palma Building
College of Social Sciences and Philosophy
University of the Philippines, Diliman
Applicants must be prepared to undergo a personal interview during the application process. For inquiries, please get in touch with Roxanne Longno (administrative officer) or Maki de la Rosa (URA) at telefax (02) 920-7246; 981-8500 local 2380.
Application submission deadlines: end of January or end August
Closing date: until filled